“When I met Ellen, it was a dream come true. She’s the whole package,
OT and Dance, all in one.”
Ana Nery Fragoso, Director of Dance for the New York City Department of Education
As a therapist:
Ellen Kogan, M.A. OTR/L
“What’s important is that we understand disabilities through each other’s eyes and that we work together in a targeted way to help children who need us so much.”
KoganSteps Formats include:
- Two-Hour Workshops.
- Three-Hour Workshops – includes 10-minute break.
- Full Day Workshops – two 3 hours sessions with 1-hour lunch/10-minute break each session.
- Two Half-Day Workshops – 3-hour session with 10-minute break.
- Two Half-Day Workshops – 3-hour session with 10-minute break each day.
- Lectures – on request.
As a dance artist:
Ellen Kogan, Solo Dance Artist
“Solo artistry is a unique opportunity to reach one’s personal threshold.
My repertoire is unusually versatile – I hope the contemporary
choreographers will not be forgotten and of course the historical
reconstructions are made by some of the most important dance makers
of our time.”
Teaching and re-staging as follows:
- Re-staging contemporary and/or early modern dances for performance - includes original costumes and lighting
- Informal presentation in a studio with an invited audience followed by discussion.
- Teaching dance history classes
– Can include various teaching materials to help the dancers experience the choreography of another time.
- Lecture demonstrations using rare video footage.
- Scholarly discourse, lectures, and participation in projects that explore and contrast dance, past and present and the culture it was created in.